This is a post from my old blog. I have to admit it – I love Christmas and enjoy counting down the days in December. My kids love it too, so I have made them advent calendars out of the house by Twiddleybitz. It is just the right size for putting little lollies in and they just love opening up the little boxes. This house is one that I made for Stef to display at Southern Stationery though but I will post a pic of one of the ones I made for the kids in the next couple of days.
Supplies: Twiddleybitz Advent Calendar House, Distress Stain – Vintage Photo, Kaisercraft clear stamp – Velvet Ensemble Collection, Liquid glue, Kaisercraft December 25th Collection 12x 12 paper, Sticker sheet and 6×6 paper pad, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink, Cricut Expression and cartridges – Tags, bags, boxes and more, Home decor, White card, Kaisercraft paper blooms, paper flowers, Distress Inks – Antique Linen, Barn Door, Foam blending tool, Glimmermist – Heirloom gold, Perfect Pearls – Biscotti, Water, Mini Mister, Distress Stickles – Platinum, Glossy Accents, Pearls, craft sheet, scissors.
Method: I coloured the house with the vintage photo distress stain and then stamped the pieces with the scalloped edges with the Kaisercraft music stamp in Rich Cocoa Ink. I used the distress stickles on the roof section as seen in the photo. I followed the instructions and glued the house together with liquid glue. I cut the boxes, birds, sign post, and wording out using my Cricut machine. The number squares were cut from a piece of paper from the 6×6 paper pad. I made the boxes and stuck the numbers on using foam adhesive. Using the foam blending tool I inked the sign post with antique linen and then sprayed with a perfect pearls and water mist. When this had dried I used glossy accents over the frame. I cut out the 25 and stuck it to the sign. This was later stuck to the house using foam adhesive. I also used distress ink to colour the word ‘Christmas’ and then misted with the gold glimmermist. I stuck the strip of green paper to the roof of the house and when the word had dried, adhered it to the house using liquid glue. I used letter stickers directly on the house. The layers of the birds were also coloured using distress inks and then stuck together with a coating of glossy accents to finish them off. I coloured the pearls with a copic marker but I can’t remember the colour (Sorry!).
Thanks for visiting.
Until next time,