I was super excited last week to find that my white on white card was featured as the winning card for the week on the Case Study Blog (scroll down if you want to see my card) but I was not so excited by some of the computer issues we have been having with iPhoto! Since I getting my DSLR last year and participating in Karen Russell’s “The Photographer’s Workshop” I take tons more photos and unfortunately iPhoto hasn’t coped very well with the increase in the both the number and size of the photos, so we purchased Lightroom 4. The last couple of days has been spent backing up and reloading photos onto the computer, creating new libraries etc which didn’t always go smoothly so I didn’t get to do my usual post at the end of the week. I am sure it will take me a little bit of time to get used to the system but ultimately I think it will help me to have a better workflow since I am starting to edit my images a bit more.
But onto todays project . . . I bought this planner which is bit like a calendar book but had this ugly blue soft rubber slip cover so I removed the cover and set to work altering the cardboard cover. At the moment I am enjoying playing with spray mists, texture paste, twinkling H20s, templates, paints and texture stamps. It is fun to not worry about what the end result will be – I figure if I don’t like it I will just paint over it! I kept the design of this really simple as I want to be able to put this book in my bag at any time and not worry about damaging any embellishments. It has a lovely shimmer from the twinkling h20s that doesn’t get captured by the photograph. The frame is by Kaisercraft which was painted and then covered with distress stickles (which you can’t really see in the photo either).
Thanks for stopping by and I will be back tommorrow with a card I have made for the Deconstructing Jen Challenge (I just have to figure out how to move it into Photoshop now :).
Bye for now,