Look at the Beauty and Be Happy Card

Hi Everyone,

Today’s card uses some  beautiful stickers by Basic Grey, some wooden Prima embellishments and some papers from Prima’s Divine collection. I mounted the sticker onto some black card and then added some foam adhesive to the back.  I coloured the wooden leaves using some Black Soot distress ink but decided to leave the flower uncoloured, just adding the tag sticker and pearl to the centre.  I did some stamping on the some of the striped patterned paper and then cut another piece to go over the top, since I decided the stamping and inking made the paper a bit too dark for the card.  I lined up the stripes of the paper and adhered together.  I added some washi tape and the paper clip and adhered the card together.  In the end I am happy with how it turned out and it is always interesting to see if you can ‘fix a mistake’ 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend,



Supplies: Cream card, black card, Prima Divine 6×6 paper pad, Prima wooden embellishment, Kaisercraft Pearl, Foam adhesive, Basic Grey Stickers – Serenade, Black Soot Distress Ink, Kaisercraft Tigerlily Clear stamp and Script Background.

A Bright Masculine Birthday Card

Hi everyone,

Here is a card I created a long time ago which has never made it to my blog.  I have just been gradually feeling better so still haven’t done much crafting this week, but I wanted to share this card so now is as good a time as any.  Because I made it quite a long time ago I don’t remember all the details but I will give it my best shot.  The patterned paper is by Basic Grey, the stamps are by Hero Arts (I love that background stamp – it is called envelope pattern and is just great for adding that little bit of extra detail to cards), the border punch is by Fiskars (and is great for masculine cards).  The technique used on the card was emboss resist and I used distress stains over the white embossed image.  Hope you give this technique a try as it is fun and quick.

Have a great weekend.


When the paper does most of the work

I love it when you get a beautiful piece of paper that seems to do most of the work for you when you are creating a scrapbook page.  Sometimes it is fun to make a just make a simple page that comes together quickly.  This gorgeous bright fun paper is from the Bo Bunny Allora collection.  I decided to keep the page pretty simple and so this page came together really quickly too, which is nice.  I added texture to the page by using the jillibean soup corrugated shapes and changed the colour using some Evergreen Bough distress ink and some Mint Liquid pearls gave it some shimmer too.  The chipboard bird was also inked with Evergreen Bough distress ink and then I put liquid pearls over it and pressed my Hero Arts woodgrain stamp into the liquid pearls and left to dry.  It means the bird has both the wood grain look and also some shimmer.  I also used my We R Memory Keepers Floss to create a couple of stitched frames and also add a little more texture whilst still keeping it simple.  The letter stickers were from Basic Grey – Origin.

Hope you have a great weekend.



Darling Marci and Basic Grey Lauderdale Collection


Supplies List

Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Foam Adhesive, Double sided tape, White Gel pen, Small paper flowers, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, X-press It blending card, Sizzix Big Shot, Spellbinders Die – Lacey Squares, Paper – patterned paper from Basic Grey Lauderdale Collection 6×6 paper pad, White cardstock, Twine by Jillibean soup,  Atyou Spica Glitter Pen – clear, Copic Markers – E000, E00, R20, YG00, YG03, YG06, B93, B95, B97, E15 and E19,  Stamps – La la land Darling Marci, Jillibean soup – greeting.


I first stamped  Darling Marci  onto blending card using tuxedo black ink and then coloured using the copic markers listed above.  I used the spica pen to add some shimmer to her shoes. I trimmed the patterned paper to size.  I used the Spellbinders die to cut out the lacey square.  I used my white gel pen to draw faux stitching.  I stamped the greeting by Jillibean soup and the tied the twine around the card as shown.  I cut the image out and adhered to patterned paper using foam adhesive.  I layered the other patterned paper using foam adhesive, so this card has quite a bit of dimension.  Finally I finished the card with some paper flowers.

Bye for now,