Happy Day – Case Study #142

Hi everyone,

I am playing along with Case Study Challenge #142  this week and Maile Belles is the Muse for the Month of May.  I was in the mood for some water colouring so pulled out the I love Roses stamp set and stamped onto water colour paper.  I used my distress markers to add colour to the images and then used a paint brush to blend the colours.  When I water colour like this, I shade in the areas that I want to be darkest and don’t add any colour to the areas that I want to be the lightest.  I normally use the lightest colour ie for the leaves I used Peeled Paint and shaded around the edges and in the areas of where there is shading already part of the image.  I then added Forest Moss over the top of some of the areas too.  Then I use the paint brush to blend out the colours, starting in the darkest areas and then filling it in the white areas.  This is an easy and quick way to do water colouring with highlights (lighter areas).

I cut out my images once they had dried and adhered them to a card base of water colour paper.  I stamped the sentiment using Versafine black ink and that was it!

I have some exciting news to share on Saturday night (my time) so I hope you’ll stop by and say hi.

Bye for now,

Kristy

PS. My exciting news is not related to whoever the new CASE Study Design Team Members are.  I thought I’d better add that after I added my link to the challenge and remembered the the new team members will be revealed for the at the start of the June Challenges

happyday1

Supplies: Flourishes – I heart Roses, Versafine Black ink, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogony, Watercolour Paper, Hero Arts CL 184

Hello card with Indigo Bleu

Hi everyone,

I have another Indigo Bleu card to show you today.  I mentioned last post that I had made 3 cards using this stamp and papers.  I decided to share another one, as this one has more inking and the image was not a first impression (ie I had already stamped it before and then had ‘huffed’ on it again) so it gives a bit of a different look.  I flicked a bit of water over the image to give it a bit more of a distressed look.

Lately I have been busy colouring different examples of hair and skin colour combinations with my copic markers to make a tag book.   I will be at the show this weekend with Stef and will be giving some demonstrations on how I colour with copic markers so if you are interested I would love to see you there.  I will also do my best to answer any questions you may have.  We will also be doing demonstrations with some other products too.

Thanks for stopping by,

Kristy